- A gorgeous Fall day and the Old Rag Lot is closed and EMPTY.
- Imagine that.
- Air crisp and moderately cool.
- Leaves changing color.
- Walking Sticks soon to be seen near the ground.
- Snakes migrating to hibernaculum.
- Carpets of leaves covering the ground.
- Not even one vehicle in the lot!
- What alternate reality is this?
With SNP closed it was the perfect opportunity to tour the back roads that run up into the many hollows just outside of SNP. I enjoyed the countryside vistas and the feel of early Fall 2013. It allows me to explore and add pieces to the jigsaw puzzle of my mental map of the lands bordering the SNP.